About the Role
Job Purpose: The purpose of the field supervisor staff is to provide daily support to the logistics and operations team in regard to the physical field of work. Field supervisors are responsible for assisting CDL drivers when needed and offering guidance on the execution of work tasks.
* Provide direction to drivers on lease roads pertaining to speeding, directions, and supply pickup/drop off.
* Assist with mechanical issues with equipment that can be remedied while in the field.
* Act as the liaison between dispatch, safety, drivers, and other administrative teams.
* Assist the safety department with incident reporting and clean up
* Communicate concerns and issues with equipment to both the dispatch and fleet teams
* Support the driver team with issues relating to BOL’s and dispatching
* Understand the various PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements and ensure all drivers are
adhering to customer expectations.
* Understand various avenues of communication, including emailing daily fieldwork, injuries to the safety
team, corresponding with dispatch needs, and other portals.
* Complete site visits and help direct truck traffic for logistics support.
* Identify needs in the yard as it relates to the yard support team and equipment needs.
* Maintain a supply of various items for safety, equipment, and weather concerns in a company-issued
* Communicate with the customer's agents/consultants on locations to identify any
needs/concerns/opportunities that need to be addressed.
* Understand concerns of various types of material spill and act on a quick remedy to perform clean-up
duties. Ensure that all proper billing is handled at the end of the project.
* Participate in company-sponsored volunteer programs.
* Address any concerns from landowners and public individuals.
* Support field staff and coach employee behaviors for both drivers and field supervisors.
* Report to management staff regarding any logistic issues and act as the liaison between company
men/customers and G&Z.
* Oversee daily operations and activities on worksites and provide direction to better suit transportation
* Additional job duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the customers/business.
Ability to work in all weather conditions
Availability to work Weekends & Holiday
Valid Driver’s License with Clean MVR, Class A CDL a plus but not required
Maintain a professional manner on and off the job site
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., but may be required to lift to 100 lbs.
Have a solid understanding of DOT, including Hours of Service, roadside inspections, and the use of ELD’s.
Qualifications: Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions verbally and/or in writing from management, employees, clients, contractors, and others. Effective listening skills.
Work Environment: The supervisors will be performing duties outdoors and in the field of work. There will be exposure to several types of inclement weather and will be expected to assist drivers in these conditions. The environment varies depending on the location of work that can range from state to state.
G&Z Transport, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
CLICK LINK BELOW TO APPLY
About the Company
G&Z Transport, LLC is one of the largest regional dry bulk trucking companies inf the Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Wyoming Regions.
Our High Quality fleet with an average truck age of less than 3 yeas is backed by one on the best maintenance programs in the industry, a key component to both keeping our drivers save and your product moving.
Our agility, dedication to quality, strong record of reliability and overall cost effectiveness has quickly propelled us to being the "go to" provider in the region with strong multi-year relationships with many diverse companies across multiple industries. We Pride ourselves on being the company out clients rely on to get it done. G&Z Transport approaches each customer as a unique opportunity to plan and execute ever-changing, dynamic bulk logistics.
We look forward to continuing to build strong relationships and provide the best hauling service in the region.