About the Role
The CDL Driver is responsible for transporting different types of materials and/or equipment to client locations using a truck and trailer. They are also required to perform inspections before and after a trip and unload products from the trailer to client facilities or job site. They are responsible for cleaning the truck and trailer in the yard both before and after use. The driver also needs to follow appropriate safety procedures to transport dangerous cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours. They must understand oversize permit requirements, regulations, and applicability.
• Drive different types of trucks and trailers.
• Prep trucks and trailers for transport.
• Use proper tie down procedures and points on the equipment being hauled.
• Manage proof of delivery paperwork from customers and daily field tickets.
• Manage permitting paperwork.
• Assist workers in loading and unloading trucks.
• Check mechanical aspects of the vehicle and fill out a DVIR on the truck and trailer every day.
• Light Maintenance ie; fluids, light bulbs small mechanical repairs within reason.
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
• Comply with DOT rules and regulations on all loads (size, weight, routes, parking, and break periods).
• Report all defects, accidents, or violations to G&Z Transports Safety Office within 24 hours of the
citation (regardless of on or off duty status).
• Properly install and remove tire chains in adverse driving conditions.
Maintain a drug free workplace.
Maintain a high regard for personal safety and safety of others around. Actively participate in Safety programs.
Be at work ON TIME, fit for duty.
Ability to work independently.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Good knowledge of roads, including road limitations, weight restrictions, etc.
Ability to work under pressure.
Strong work ethic.
Ability to read client orders and follow safety regulations.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Valid Commercial Driver´s License (Class A CDL) with 2 years of experience and up to date medical card. Good communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions verbally and/or in writing from management, employees, clients, contractors, and others.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non- weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY
About the Company
G&Z Transport, LLC is one of the largest regional dry bulk trucking companies inf the Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Wyoming Regions.
Our High Quality fleet with an average truck age of less than 3 yeas is backed by one on the best maintenance programs in the industry, a key component to both keeping our drivers save and your product moving.
Our agility, dedication to quality, strong record of reliability and overall cost effectiveness has quickly propelled us to being the "go to" provider in the region with strong multi-year relationships with many diverse companies across multiple industries. We Pride ourselves on being the company out clients rely on to get it done. G&Z Transport approaches each customer as a unique opportunity to plan and execute ever-changing, dynamic bulk logistics.
We look forward to continuing to build strong relationships and provide the best hauling service in the region.